- This vision especially concerns the five-fold ministry as outlined in Ephesians 4:11, “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers.” (KJV)
- This paragraph covers our vision of the five-fold ministries and the many support ministries. The Scriptural basis of our vision is that all five-fold ministries are still valid today as outlined above in Ephesians 4:11.
- First are apostles, by this, we state that the apostolic call is still valid today and that God calls people to this ministry by His Holy Spirit. We will identify, validate and encourage modern apostles.
- Second are prophets. This is a present-day call. We will identify, validate and encourage modern prophets.
- Third are evangelists. We will identify, validate and encourage modern evangelists. We will provide administrative backup, continuing education, and encouragement for these people who often are in a lonely, traveling ministry.
- Fourth are pastors. We will provide a ministry of help for pastors, of whom far too many are isolated without mentors and peers whom they feel that they can trust. We will provide support, encouragement and continuing education. We understand the call of the pastor to be one of shepherd or under-shepherd under Christ, and we lift up the Scriptural role of helping pastors to know their people by home visitation and pastoral counseling. We understand that the Greek language of this passage ties pastor and teacher together in Ephesians 4:11 in one person and we assert that pastors must also be teachers, by definition. However, there are some teachers who are not also pastors and the fifth five-fold ministry is for them.
- Fifth are teachers. This is a call for people who are not also called to be pastors. We will identify, train, encourage, give continuing education to and support the calling of those called to be teachers.
- Finally, there are many Scriptures concerning support ministries. We will only mention a few of these, but American Ministers Association, Inc. will also be an organization for all of the following ministries (and this is not an exhaustive list): people who are counselors, musicians, worship leaders, media and communications and public relations people who do divulgation (publishing) work, diplomacy and international relations people, missionaries and fraternal workers, and Church and ministry administrators and staff
- We believe the Bible is the literal, infallible, and inspired Word of God, and is the final authority on all matters of faith and life. [Matthew 24:35, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:3-4].
- We believe there is one God Who is revealed to us in three distinct manifestations: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. [John 1:1-4 & 14, Romans 8:9, 2 Corinthians 13:14].
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, and His death, burial, and bodily resurrection. We believe in His complete deity and humanity; that He is fully God and came in the likeness of men — God incarnate. [Romans 1:3-4, John 1:1-14, I Timothy 3:16].
- We believe Christ’s atoning sacrifice on Calvary has made possible the salvation of all mankind, by grace, through faith, and that a Christian stands, and lives, by the faith of the Son of God. [Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5, Galatians 2:16, Hebrews 9:12].
- We believe in the present day, the New Testament ministry of the Holy Spirit. [Mark 16:20, 2 Corinthians 5:17-19].
- We believe in His appearing in and through the Body of Christ, and His imminent physical return. [Revelation 20:11-15, I Corinthians 15:13-17, John 14:20 & 23, and 2 Peter 1:4].
- We believe that God was in Christ reconciling all the world unto Himself and that the ministry of reconciliation has been given to the Body of Christ. [John 3:16-17, 2 Corinthians 5:18-21].
- We believe in the bodily resurrection and righteous judgment of all mankind. [Acts 26:8, Revelation 21:11-15].
- We believe concerning matters not specifically addressed in the Scripture, the believer should seek the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the witness of the Word of God for direction and understanding. [Romans 14:4-5, Philippians 2:12].
- We believe in water baptism as an act of obedience to the Word of God. [Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16].
Membership in American Ministers Association, Inc. shall be extended by application to all those who give evidence of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and who voluntarily subscribe to follow our bylaws and statement of Faith no matter his or her religious background, race or denomination.
We are an incorporated non-profit corporation under Chapter 617.0302 of the Florida Statutes. We are an incorporated non-profit corporation and an organization under U.S. Government law 501 (C) (3). Due to this we will provide many services to new Churches and ministries who are our members until they can qualify for these exemptions themselves. We will also function as a body to begin new Churches and to encourage and support them as well as encouraging and supporting established Churches. Our incorporation papers, which are available upon request, outline our work.